Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday My Town Shootout..


Today's topic is Places of Worship..by Rebecca. Many of you know I live in the garden district of our town. I love it, I really do. Lots of older homes, ours is about 100. One of the things I love about living here is the church bells. Not annoying ones, the lovely twice a day tolling that makes me feel at peace. I am not Catholic but this beautiful Catholic church is just up the street and around the corner from us. It has been here a good long time..but it is a stunning building.

When my preschoolers and I walk by they insist that it is a castle, not a church..they are convinced..no swaying the three year olds!!



Of course there is something to be said about worshiping in a place like this..how could you miss the grandeur and heart touching beauty here?


When I look upon something like this...I give thanks that I am blessed with delicate beauty like this in my life!!

Namaste, Sarah

16 comments:

Suburban Girl said...

Very nice. When we were in Europe I just loved the tolling of the bells. It reminded me of the wedding scene in the Sound of Music! I just loved it! Yes, some are annoying, but not the ones we heard in Europe, they were lovely.

Snap said...

Beautiful! The church sort of looks like a castle. Love the sound of church bells. When the wind is from the North, we can hear the bells at the Lutheran church up the road. Wonderful.

~JarieLyn~ said...

I love the pointy part of the building. Oh, and you mentioning the sound of bells reminds me of an old black and white building. I really like your nature shots too.

Unknown said...

It is so joyous to hear the church bells ringing, isn't it?
From the eyes of a three year old, gothic (whether revival or not) is gothic. The detailing on the steeple is beautiful. The natural beauty that surrounds you is stunning too. Loving your top photo from Tuesday, too. A friend from art class did a pastel rendering of a similar picture of frosted leaves. Gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures as always..You have a great eye. have a great weekend.

xoxoxoxoxo

Emmy said...

I love that up close picture of the steeple! It is great

ruma said...

You are happy among wonderful church and Nature.

I am glad to always show beautiful colors.

The good weekend.
Thank you.
ruma

Unknown said...

beautiful old buildings and nature, can't get better than that! fantastic shots! last one is great. what kind of flower is it?

Caroline said...

Beautiful shots Sarah! Love the flower in the last shot...gorgeous!

Sarah Lulu said...

Lovely shots Sarah. I love the bells too, we only get them on Sunday, weddings and Thursday evenings when they practise!

xx

Alexandra MacVean said...

Your photos are absolutely beautiful. Wow!

Dede said...

I love the mind of three year olds, they are great! The nature pictures are awesome!

(((HUGS)))

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Beautiful photos! I love the sound of church bells too.
My first boss, at a horse farm, always said that her church was out in the forest riding her horse on a quite Sunday morning. I have to agree with her! Nothing more beautiful, peaceful and serene as nature.

Pauline said...

Gosh, I can't remember when I last heard church bells ringing. I can imagine how the little ones would think that church is a castle. Lovely past!

Unknown said...

I can see why they think it's a castle! Beautiful! Love your delicate bloom too! YOu live in a wonderful place!

Chef E said...

Nice shots! Rivers, brook, streams, trickles of water always get my attention...soothing...