Sunday, July 26, 2009

I Do Love My Macros..


Silver Valley, Idaho Phyromorphite Macro...

I have a fondness for Macro pictures. You can blame my Hubby Jim. You see he is a Rock man..not your average rock hound..I mean.. a mineral man. He digs, trades, buys and sells them. When my old camera couldn't get good clear shots of the structures..I went looking for a camera that would. When I discovered what amazingly detailed shots I could get..it just kinda went from there. My son Fox (10) is as facinated with bugs as my hubby is with rocks. This is why you will see so very many bug shots from me!! Look at these wings, amazing!!


Little tiny blown up pictures of a tiny space and time. I love these for a couple of reasons. One real thing.. at 48 all of those minute details that I could see sans reading glasses before...not so much now. Well...REALLY not so much now. The other reason... because I love to see if I can make them pop.


I just love it when I take macro of something and go home download them and find that I have unexpectedly caught a little visitor. Someone hiding under a flower pedal or too small for my lack of glasses to notice.
Like these two...

4 comments:

Caroline said...

All so beautiful! I love my macro lens!!

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Wow..you are really turning into one fabulous photographer...or is this another talent that you have been hiding? Beautiful pics, Sarah!

Unknown said...

These are GREAT!

ruma said...

The brightness of the feather of the bee is made to feel vitality to me.