Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday My Town Shootout...


I have to say I am sorry for missing last week...it was one of those weeks that everything that had to be done before school started....my plate was a bit full. But here are a few for this week. Doors and windows was Kerri's choice of theme this week. I love this one..favorite subjects of mine. So I will start with my very favorite doors. Above my sweet front door..I looove the color I really do!

Here is a shot of my back door this week. It has been taken over by volunteer pumpkins and mini pumpkin vines!! How fun is that. We will have about a dozen little ones and at least two regular sized ones - whoo hoo!!


Here is sweet Lucy Lu at the front door screen. She wants to join us!! Isn't she sweet?


So if I had to choose another door in town to be mine it would be this one!! It is attached to one of my very favorite buildings in town.

Here is the front door to the old school building I had my last classroom in. It is sadly not filled with children anymore, but offices. I looove this building!

This delightful red door belongs to a neighbor...I like this one too!!!


This beautiful Catholic church is about two blocks from our house. It has church bells. I love them every day at noon and 6 pm. Beautiful~


Last not but least..the windows to the soul.

15 comments:

Kerri said...

Great shots Sarah! I love all the wood doors - and who can resist Lucy Lu at the front door. Glad you're back this week.

Emmy said...

Wow, another great eye shot! I like that red door too

GingerV said...

I love the red doors, all front doors should be red.... I'll have one in another life - now Camillo likes only wood - hugs

NanU said...

What a sweet-looking town! Thanks for the tour!

Anonymous said...

Love all your shots Sarah! great doors!

kate sweeten said...

I love Lucy Lu! There is nothing better than coming home to see a happy dog on the other side of the door :) Great shots this week - I love how rich the colors are.

~JarieLyn~ said...

Your front porch looks so cozy and welcoming. I love your front door and Lucy Lu. Your town looks like a quaint town that I would be excited to tour. I love all the wooden doors and the brown wooden doors that you like......well, I like that door too. Great photos. I'm in love with your town.

Caroline said...

Such great shots...I feel fall in the air. Love the purple eye!!

Kerry said...

Is that first shot of your house, too? Looks lovely.

Pauline said...

Love YOUR doors, red at the front and pumpkins at the back - how could that be beat? And the red door at 310 - and the dark ones at 602! A dog at the door is always a welcome sight, isn't it? Lovely photos!

Gordon said...

Oh, Great!! Now I won't be able to get the image of your eye fom my mind and will think you're spying on me all day. It is a beautiful eye, though.
The other shot were great, also, just not as haunting.

Anonymous said...

such pretty photos. but i couldn't get past the border collie. so sweet!!!

inadvertent farmer said...

First time here...via your studio blog, via PW. I love all the photos of doors, there is something about a cool front (or back) door that just makes the building so much more interesting. I'm off to wander around your blog...Kim

Zaroga said...

Wonderful pictures, Sarah. Love the Lulu and the window to the soul especially.

Carrie said...

I would love to sit on your porch swing with a book and a glass of limeade - it looks like such a peaceful spot! I enjoyed all of your pictures.